Explosion-proof LED lighting
There is a kind of business direction and activities, having a sufficiently high risk of hazardous hair-trigger situations (nuclear power stations, gas stations, oil refineries and chemical production, sites of running blasting operations, production of coating compositions, various combustible substances, etc.).
Comparison of traditional light sources with AtomSvet® luminaires
||Previous solution: Incandescent lamp, 200 W
||New solution: AtomSvet® Plant 02-16-1800-22 Ex
|Power consumption, kW per year
|СО2 emission reduction over 10 years of AtomSvet lighting systems
|Cost of electric power saved over 10 years of AtomSvet lighting systems
|Lighting of the filtering station room. Original system of lighting – 12 luminaires with incandescent lamps, 200 W.
Calculation values: current cost of power 0.15 EUR/kW h; energy cost increase 3.5% per year; emission volume: 0.42 kg СО2/kW h.
LED Lighting for highly explosion-hazardous facilities
|Lighting requirements for facilities with high explosion and flammability hazard
|The luminaires shall not constitute a source of ignition both during normal operation and in case of possible malfunctions
- Electronic components of the luminaire are insulated from the explosion-hazardous environment by sealing with compound;
- The housing of the luminaire effectively removes heat in the event of accumulation a layer of dust on its surface;
- Connection of the installation wire of the luminaire with the supply grid is located in the junction box having “e” or “d” type explosion protection;
- Steel components of the luminaire and its installation sections are galvanized, with a coating thickness is no less than 6 μm;
- The luminaire is protected by fuses and thermal switch in the supply circuits
|Enhanced shock load and mechanical damage resistance
- The design of the AtomSvet luminaires provides enhanced vibration and impact resistance – operating conditions group M2 under GOST 17516.1 Standard
|The luminaires are often subjected to the effect of high temperatures and aggressive media
- The luminaires are completely sealed, with IP67 protection against dust and moisture;
- Oxidized aluminum housing and polycarbonate glass are resistant against corrosion and effects of aggressive media;
- The reliable heat removal system allows operation of the luminaires in temperatures ranging from -60 to +60°C
|Power grids, especially those of remote facilities, often have significant voltage instability and high sensitivity to equipment with low power factor. High frequency interference in a grid may disrupt operation of both the grid and the equipment connected to it
- The LED driver is designed specifically for operation on unstable power grids (a wide range of supply voltages 150–265 V, impulse noise protection in power networks of up to 1,000 V, short circuit protection, overheating protection).
- The LEDs are supplied by a constant stabilized current power supply unit. The current is selected so as to provide lasting operation of LEDs in any operation conditions of the luminaire.
- The power supply is a switched mode unit with power corrector and interference suppression device, overload and overheating protection systems
AtomSvet Explosion Proof LED lighting fixtures can be used for the following purposes:
- Industrial lighting
- Petrol station lighting
- Warehouse lighting
- Workshop lighting
- Manufacturing areas with increased explosion hazards lighting
- Drill well lighting
- Lighting of dock areas and railway junctions
- Lighting of gas compressor and oil-refining stations
- Lighting of petrochemical enterprises
AtomSvet Explosion Proof LED lighting fixtures meet all the requirements applicable to the specified light sources.
In addition, they enable enterprises to reduce power consumption and maintenance costs.